JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
STATUS: Part time, 20 – 30 hours per week
COMPENSATION: 20$ per hour
LOCATION: Tucson, AZ
CULTURE AND COMMITMENT AT ILLUME
Our Vision: ILLUME is the premier consultancy for advancing, re-envisioning, and equitably transforming the energy industry. We align with clean energy and social justice imperatives and give primacy to human dreams and aspirations so that all can thrive in a clean energy future.
Our Commitment to Team Values: At ILLUME, we value the diverse lived experiences of our team. We view diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) as an on-going commitment and investment in the growth of our employees, the growth of our company culture, and the growth of our industry. By centering environmental justice, climate change mitigation, and social justice in our work, we aim to transform the way the energy industry looks at its challenges. We believe that our collective well-being depends on how well we explore, elevate, and communicate the experiences of all people who use the electric grid. We quantify the impacts of our public investments to reduce energy demand and mitigate climate change.
ILLUME considers our investment in our team as a long-term and mutual investment. At ILLUME, we’re committed to building a valued business while ensuring rewarding careers to our employees. ILLUME does not discriminate in its employment practices regarding age, ancestry, religion, arrest record, color, conviction record, creed, cultural background, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, military obligations, national origin, race, sex, or sexual orientation.
As the Administrative Assistant you will provide personalized secretarial and administrative support to the Founders directly. This includes providing calendar support, booking travel, managing expenses, and whatever else Is needed. You will be responsible for managing the Tucson office, and in a more limited capacity, provide support to the Portland office to improve productivity. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for running business errands, maintaining ongoing business files, ordering supplies, coordinating local team outings, retreats, or events, and working with the administrative team to ensure offices are running smoothly and efficiently. You will work in a fast-paced environment, bringing order and organization. As the Administrative Assistant you will be privy to highly confidential information and must always act in confidence to the Founders. The Administrative Assistant will be exceptionally well organized and have clear communication skills.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & KEY RESULTS AREAS (KRAS)
Below we show the range of KRAs for this position.
Secretarial & Administrative Support to Founders
- When requested, support with meeting or appointment scheduling, calendar management, email correspondence, inbox management, etc.
- Monitor spending on Founder’s credit card account regularly. Pull transactions, gather receipts, reconcile charges, and provide coding to admin team monthly for company and personal credit cards.
Board Management, Coordination, Asset Planning, & Development
- Work with Founders to organize quarterly Advisory Board meetings, including setting up hotel accommodates, food and beverage, manage board travel and reimbursements, work with the board to schedule meetings and follow-ups. Drive slide and asset management with Founders contributions.
Tucson Office Management
- Oversee and manage the Tucson office.
- Coordinate with property manager, landlords, cleaning staff, and janitorial service to make sure that cleaning and repairs are being completed and in a timely manner.
- Work with RMON (tech support), Cox (security company), and M3COM (internet company) to ensure internet, security software, and equipment is always working properly. To include ensuring technician visits are scheduled and managed in a timely manner when needed.
- Order snacks and beverages for office staff.
- Check mail regularly.
- Order office and/or cleaning supplies (if needed) and receive packages, deliveries.
- Keep office supplies and space organized and orderly. Make sure office equipment is always working properly.
Portland Office Support
- Provide support to folks in the Portland office. Order snacks, office supplies, cleaning supplies, etc. when needed.
- Coordinate with cleaning staff.
People Champion Support
- Support the People Champion in mailing, running errands, and other logistical activities needed to support team wellness activities.
Accounting and Admin Support
- Support gift card management process including ordering, tracking, delivery, and follow-up.
- Support accounting and human resources administrative functions for Tucson office., including invoice and expense coding, tracking receipts in system, and ensuring required paperwork is securely uploaded.
- Perform HR onboarding, for new hires in Tucson, including E-Verify and I-9 verification when needed.
- Orient new staff to the office, including setting up workstations and making sure they have all equipment needed when starting. Laptop, monitors, headphones, cables, keyboard/mouse, etc.
- Book travel for all ILLUME team members when needed. To include flights, hotel rooms, and sending in CC authorization forms.
Local Team Event Planning & Support
- Support in planning any team events, retreats, gatherings, etc. in Tucson or on occasion, companywide.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Collaboration is the minimum standard at ILLUME. Team members build trust through regular, open, and honest communication and by working together across the company to ensure the success of every project. By working together, we create the momentum to accomplish our company objectives and together attain exceptional results.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating clarity and conciseness
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PPT
- A clear history of working on multiple tasks within established timelines
- Tireless attention to detail in all prior experience (academic and professional)
- A history of successful, creative problem-solving
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize effectively in the face of multiple and shifting priorities, with the ability to switch between complex analytical thinking and attending to mundane tasks without compromising quality or losing one’s focus
- Demonstrates independent decision-making experience with solid judgment
- Proactively manages to timelines and budget (hours) when completing work
- Effectively prioritizes initiatives, projects, and tasks
- Demonstrates flexibility when responding to ambiguity, uncertainty, and change
The Administrative Assistant will be required to be onsite in the Tucson office with standard exceptions (Doctor’s appointments, etc.) or if pandemic conditions require remote work. This position requires sitting (or standing) for long periods of time at a computer; and communicating by telephone and email. Dress code at ILLUME is business casual (“pulled together”). This position does not usually include travel. This position is in Tucson, AZ, remote not available.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
In the subject line of your email, indicate the following:
Last name_First name_ Administrative Assistant
In your cover letter, provide us with:
- Your working and communication style.
- Experience working in sensitive and confidential environments.
- A sense of who you are by being honest, creative, and “yourself.”
- Any experience with DEI in the workplace, and your own professional growth.
Expect that we will carefully review all materials including your cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
ILLUME will accept applications until the position is filled.