JOB TITLE: In-House Graphic Designer, Word Processor & Production Assistant
STATUS: Exempt, 40 hours per week
WORKS UNDER: General Direction
As the In-House Graphic Designer, Word Processor, and Production Assistant you will work closely with both researchers and the marketing team to bring our reporting to life with clean formatting and polished graphic collateral. You will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of media including infographics, video, client presentations, magazine-style reports, digital animations, and interactive online publications. You will bring a sophisticated eye and a story-tellers mindset to our team’s data visualizations. With numerous projects and deadlines, you will use strong coordination and communication skills to prioritize across projects and deliver high-quality products on time. The ideal candidate has experience with design software such as InDesign, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro but is also willing to tackle new programs and learn new skills.
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, including graphics, document templates, and layouts
- Develop visually compelling interactive/multimedia newsletters and client updates using graphic software
- Film/edit brief videos (some on-location shooting possible)
- Design interactive, visually stunning client presentations
- Amend final designs to client’s comments and gain full approval
- Work as part of a team with research staff, project managers, copywriters, designers, stylists, executives etc.
- Mange your time efficiently within budgetary constraints and tight deadlines
- Create original infographics
- Create video animations and social media friendly content
- Be our in-house Word guru
ILLUME uses a wide-range of software and media. Candidates must be willing to learn new programs and software, continually growing their own graphic toolbox. While limited experience in one or more programs is not exclusionary, candidates with strong proficiencies it the following programs are preferred:
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Animate
- Final Cut Pro
- PowerPoint (advanced level skills in working with macros, master slides, animations, and transitions strongly preferred)
- Microsoft Word
Minimum requirement: Bachelor’s degree
Please submit a portfolio of previous graphic work you have done. Please include multi-media, creative submissions that demonstrate your design-eye and attention to detail.
Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate:
- Optimism (ILLUME has zero tolerance for cynicism)
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Proactive communication (i.e., the ability to state clearly, concisely and promptly any concerns with results and timelines)
- The ability to anticipate realistic timelines (without over- or under-estimating); to set one’s own project timelines; and to maintain 100% accountability for working within established timelines, i.e., self-directed and intrinsically-motivated
- The ability to collaborate as part of a team, as well as to work independently in quasi-remote settings
- Grit (watch this video)
At ILLUME, you can expect to be a key player in an expanding consultancy that delivers on our core vision. If you’re the kind of person who enjoys working with data, information, graphics, and people, while maintaining a commitment to personal growth, you’ll be in good company at ILLUME.
This position requires sitting (or standing) for long periods of time at a computer; and communicating by telephone, video conference, and email. Dress code at ILLUME is business casual (“pulled together.”) This position may require some travel from time to time.
Culture and Commitment at ILLUME:
ILLUME invests in its staff as a long-term and mutual investment. At ILLUME, we’re committed to building a valued business and rewarding careers while also maintaining healthy personal lives.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio samples from past work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the subject line of your email, please indicate the following:
Last name_First name_ In-House Graphic Designer, Word Processor & Production Assistant
Expect that we will carefully review your materials. In your cover letter, give us a sense of who you are by being honest, creative, and “yourself.” Please include the ending salary of your two most recent paid positions.
ILLUME will accept applications until the position is filled.
ILLUME does not discriminate in its employment practices with regard to age, ancestry, arrest record, color, conviction record, creed, cultural background, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, military obligations, national origin, race, sex, or sexual orientation.