JOB TITLE: Program Manager –Home Energy Management and Automation
STATUS: Exempt, 40 hours per week
LOCATION: Detroit, Michigan
REPORTS TO: Sharon Talbott, Account Manager
WORKS UNDER: General Direction
As a Program Manager, you will be focused on the end-to-end oversight of an innovative home energy management and automation pilot in the greater Detroit Area. You will be responsible for delivering the pilot in close collaboration with your marketing and research partners as well as the product developer against a pre-determined pilot plan. Your core objective is to ensure the day-to-day success of critical work stream, including but not limited to, participant targeting, participant recruitment, oversight of product fulfillment, oversight of customer installation success and satisfaction, trouble-shooting challenges in field, and gathering the resources necessary to deliver a world-class pilot. You will work to increase acquisitions, drive sustained product use, inform product evolution, evolve the brand/customer relationship and thrill our client.
- Be the go-to person to oversee the integration of the home energy management (HEM) pilot program, including research, marketing, product fulfillment, progress towards goals and key metrics, and client support.
- Work closely with the over-arching digital Product Manager and the client Account Manager to ensure alignment across multiple client goals and objectives.
- Proactively communicate the status of the pilot activities with all key stakeholder and partners to support the long-term success of the pilot.
- Establish a tight partnership with your agency colleagues, research partners, and product development partners to ensure seamless execution of the pilot for your client.
- Deploy physical and human resources to ensure a flawless execution of the HEM pilot.
- Drive the day-to-day work forward to ensure the HEM pilot is delivered according to the pilot plan and the strategic vision set forth by your partners.
- Respond in real time to feedback from the market and the customer to maximize the pilot success and minimize dissatisfiers.
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure success/failure
- Be the problem-solver-in-chief capable of foreseeing, identifying, and mitigating challenges in the implementation of the HEM pilot.
- Relentlessly push to understand customer needs and ensure the customer is considered in prioritization and trade-off discussions when implementing the pilot.
- Prioritize, negotiate and remove blockers to orchestrate a successful pilot.
Minimum of a Bachelors degree required
- 5+ years of experience in energy program implementation and client management.
- Able to meet with the client in their downtown Detroit offices as needed.
- 5+ years of experience in roles requiring strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated bulletproof organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to execute complex programs with limited oversight without sacrificing customer experience.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and manage the successful execution of programs cost-effectively.
- Experience in the electric utility sector with an understanding of the regulatory environment
- 3+ years of creative/strategy/research agency experience directly managing client relationships.
- 5+ years of experience partnering with multi-disciplinary groups (IT, Marketing, Corporate Communications) to define and execute on a product and marketing roadmap
- Have defined, participated and analyzed customer, product, and competition to determine most effective way to drive awareness, adoption and long-term engagement with energy programs
- Possess a thorough understanding of how energy savings works for utilities, with keen ability to tie digital engagement to budgeted outcomes to achieve energy savings objectives
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO CANDIDATES WHO DEMONSTRATE:
- Optimism (zero tolerance for cynicism)
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Proactive communication and escalation (i.e., the ability to state clearly, concisely and promptly any concerns with data quality, results, and timelines)
- The ability to anticipate realistic timelines (without over- or under-estimating); to set one’s own project timelines; and to maintain 100% accountability for working within established timelines, i.e., self-directed
- The ability to collaborate as part of a team, as well as to work independently in quasi-remote settings
- Strong self-management with a team perspective in management time
- Grit (watch this video)
This position requires sitting (or standing) for long periods of time at a computer; and communicating by telephone and email. Dress code is business casual (“pulled together”). This position requires travel.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing samples/report samples from past work to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject line of your email, indicate the following:
Last name_First name_ Program Manager_Home Energy Management
Expect that we will carefully review all of your materials. In your cover letter, give us a sense of who you are by being honest, creative, and “yourself”. Please include the ending salary in your two most recent paid positions.
We will accept applications until the position is filled.
ILLUME does not discriminate in its employment practices with regard to age, ancestry, arrest record, color, conviction record, creed, cultural background, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, military obligations, national origin, race, sex, or sexual orientation.